Tuesday 21 February 2012

Rocking your frocks & cock a doodle doo's...

    Oh I remember back in the day, that bulky, heavy, pine wood rocking chair we squeezeed into our tiny dinning room, pushed back right into the cornor. My three brothers and I all clambering on, perching where we could and leaning too and fro to see how high we could get it. This was ultimately amazing, yet not so for the walls behind, which where left with the battle scars of our rocking.

My how things have changed.

Rocking chairs or 'rockers' (cool new name, I see what you did there) are making a come back, big stylee. They've been redesigned and remolded into flowing one piece ultra slick modern calming chairs and pulled and poked and twisted into octagonal twin seated bee hive-esque swayers.

My favourites however are the reworked pieces which have been influenced by old skool designs and elegantly up cycled. After a bit of perusing ton t' tinterwebs here's a short list of my top five fabulously up cycled and reworked rockers.

I couldn't leave out the cockerel.




Giddyup Rocking Stool by Tim Wigmore








Rocky Chair by Guy Arzi


Rocking Chair by Fritz Henningsen



Who put that there!

Green Chicken by Jaime Hayon




Tracy Rocking Chair by Julien Bergignat

No comments:

Post a Comment